Planning for a destination wedding in India? When talking about destination wedding, we often visualize a warm, luxurious atmosphere, music, and feast with friends and family around. Destination wedding is simply a kind of wedding that takes place at a beautiful destination of couple’s choice away from home. It can be intimate (only the couple), limited to close friends and family members or can be a grand affair with a number of guests. From exploring the jaw-dropping locales to spending real bonding time with your loved one(s), there are numerous reasons to get hitched away. If you are planning for a destination wedding, it is advisable to choose a professional destination wedding planner in India as they can help you to choose the right destination as per your requirement.
One of the most important concerns that most couples have when planning for a destination wedding is the cost. You will be happy to know that, a destination wedding not only lets you celebrate your dreams but can be held within your budget. Though a wedding planner in India can help you to find the right destination for your wedding within your budget, however for an average costing, you need to check out all the aspects of a destination wedding in India, such as:
- Number of guests: Finalize the number of guests attending your wedding
- Viable destination: Select a destination that is logically viable for you and your guests
- Type of hotel or resort: Choosing the right hotel is another important thing which decides your budget. Depending upon a 3 star, 4 star, 5 star or any other luxurious hotel, different categories of hotels are available in India, which may cost you around INR 5000 to INR 50,000 (per room, per night for two people)
- Meals: Meals are another important element that affects your wedding cost. In India, a buffet lunch will cost around INR 700 to INR 2500 (plus taxes) or more and Gala dinner can cost around INR 2500 to INR 5000 (plus taxes) or more.
- Wedding arrangements: Last, but not the least comes wedding arrangements. In India, the average cost for destination wedding arrangements including decoration, lighting, flowers, makeup artists, entertainment and so on can cost INR 2.5 lakh to 20 lakh per event.
You can save even more on a destination wedding by following the below mentioned tips:
Plan in advance: Pre-booking the venue will be a smart and cost-effective idea if you are planning to get hitched away. The early you make your booking, the better the chances to grab the most attractive deal.
Choose an off-peak day: Yes, rather than choosing a weekend to tie the knot, it is recommended to choose an off-peak day as you can book the same place at a lesser price.
Go for an all-inclusive resort: Choosing an all-inclusive resort that offers entertainment, meals, drinks and more without charging extra fees is perhaps a great way to save money.
Choose local variety: Instead of importing special ingredients, flowers and other items, it is advisable to opt for a local variety of products.
Check out for fantastic deals: You must check out the exclusive deals available on various destination wedding packages offering websites as you may get an eye-catching offer on your favorite destination.
If you are looking forward to a destination wedding, it will be a more sensible idea to check on how much you can actually spend on your wedding at a particular destination in India.